Yoga Holiday in the Cevennes
8 – 15 August 2020
Nant (Cevennes), France
Really relaxing in the warm South … In the morning yoga, do-in and Qi-gong lessons …. Evening lectures, shiatsu massage …
Enjoy the small, quiet village of Nant, 20 km from la Cavalerie, just below Millau (known from the highest bridge in Europe) and located in a green valley, next to the rugged plateau of Larzac (900m): a wild region with beautiful views, beautiful hiking trails, small old villages, ruins of the Cathars in the neighborhood (including la Couvertoirade- very touristy). Many hiking trails (GR routes), and small villages including Roquefort, with its underground caves for making the famous sheep cheese and the Buddhist temple of Lerab Ling (here we will definitely get a tour!). Further to the South is the beautiful Lac Du Salagou.
La Cavalerie is on the road from Millau to Montpellier. Nant is the village that lies 20 km towards Cevennes. We live in a very nice Chambres’ d Hotes next to a river. There are the Chambres’ d hotes, the gite and the romantic outbuilding ‘le Pigeonnier’. Trees around the house provide wonderfully refreshing green energy! The source is 3 km away and at 2 km we can swim in the river ‘la Dourbie’.
Gite with terrace downstairs and upstairs with 2 bedrooms, front with the chambres d’hotes, face from a terrace in Nant
Delicious freshly prepared organic dishes by chef Mieke Vervecken, known for her refined and festive dishes that appeal to everyone: macros, veggies and vegan. Special attention is given to local cuisine and refreshing drinks and desserts.
Jan Vervecken, Marcella Geijsen and Mieke Vervecken-Pieters
Arrival on Saturday from 14.00, departure: Saturday after breakfast.A summer buffet is ready from 18:00.
Our group in 2017, and a meal: polenta with pesto of hazelnuts and basil, and black rice croquette with humus, red beetroot slices, carrot snap, cucumber and fermented young red pointed cabbage
Sunday to Friday
- 7.00 – 8.00: Do-in, stretching, chanting, Qi-gong e.a.from
- 8.00: breakfast
- 9.00-10.00: Jokaho or other yoga class.
- 10.00: Tea break
- 10.20 – 11.30: Asanas, corrective soft exercises e.a. (On Tuesday there is a market in Nant, and after the morning yoga and breakfast we go there. First a Tai chi lesson on the grass at the river, then to the market: many beautiful crafts: jewelery, clothing, pottery, books and of course the local goat-sheep cheese and other goodies.)
- 12.00: Lunch buffet. Then free time: relax, walk, read, …
- 17.00 -18.00: shiatsu on Tuesday and Thursday
- 19.00: Dinner. Wine, beer are available in our bar.
- 20.30-21.00: Evening activity i.e. Yoga, shiatsu class or lecture, an evening singing, …
- 21.00: storytelling, and music improvisation … .. A few evenings a week and music performances in Nant and a dance evening.
Lectures: possible topics
- Yin yang riddles.
- Make yourself stronger: How you breathe health and energy improves
- The memory: how a strong nervous system determines our happiness
- Our children: how to feed and educate in times of i-pads and television
- Training for marathon, triathlon, 10 Miles: gradually building up, how do you do that best? Feel free to bring your bike / mountain bike with you, there are beautiful ways to train!
Why this region?
The village ‘Nant’ is still surrounded by forests; It is blissfully warm, but cool under the trees and near the river. Nant has a beautiful village square with nice French terraces! A fascinating area, rugged nature with wild orchids, little populated, sheep farmers, and with an interesting history. Furthermore: easy to reach by car, with the TGV (Brussels-Millau or Montpellier).
Bedroom, lounge with fireplace, lawn at the back, bedroom with terrace, another bedroom, and the field in front
For 1 week, includes accommodation, all meals, all lessons, tea and water all day. There is a shower room (tents), and 3 bathrooms (to share)
- Double room: 650 euro pp (** 600 euro pp: With full payment before 1 June)
- Triple room: 550 euro pp (** 500 euro pp: With full payment before 1 June)
- 4- person room: 490 pp (** 450 euro pp: With full payment before 1 June)
- Own tent in the garden: 450 pp (** 410 euro pp: With full payment before 1 June) Some mattresses available
- Single room: 800 euro per week, in the hotel nearby: book quickly! (** 750 euros: With full payment before 1 June)
- Le Pigeonnier is a romantic place for 2 persons with private bathroom: costs are 700 euro pp (** 650 euro pp: With full payment before 1 June)
** Child discount (up to 14 years) for tents or parents’ room: 350 euros. Babies with self-catering free, in the rooms with the parents. The rooms are equipped with sheets. The number of places is limited to 12 participants!
How to go with the car?
We do the trip from Belgium in 2 days and look for a camping or B & B on the way to spend the night. The first day 4 to 5 hours drive (in the evening in a pool or lake diving as refreshment!) And the next day the rest. That way the trip to it was also very relaxing. We are going to explore the route at Easter and are happy to give you free advice on the way to camp or addresses where you can book an overnight stay. Book well in advance, because it is very popular!
How to get there?
The TGV to Millau and then continue by bus (about 20 km) or taxi. Or with the TGV to Montpellier and then the bus to La Cavalerie. for a small fee we will pick you up there. By bus: Eurolines or riding for a fee can also be a possibility. You can also auto-share on the BlaBlacar website. Those who buy a train ticket before May can buy cheap tickets! Last year, some people spent the night in Montpellier, made a nice outing and took the bus to La Cavalerie on a full day.
By phone (+32 3 309 17 02) or mail: (email@example.com, and by depositing an advance of 100 euro pp.)
Bank reference: BELFIUS: 789-5227885-88 van I.S.S., Oude Baan 104, 2390 Westmalle en mention: ‘Yoga en France’
International: . IBAN : BE56 7895 2278 8588 BIC : GKCCBEBB
More info?• The region: www.tourisme-larzac.com. And search on Google map: ‘NANT’• The Templars: http://www.tourisme-aveyron.com/nl/ontdoorekken/tempiers-hospitaalridders.php• http://www.tempeliers.be